Monday, March 17, 2014

Miracle

This week we truly saw a miracle. On Tuesday Elder Fonseca (was my zone leader, but now is an Assistant to the president) invited me to a baptism and told me to bring an investigador. I couldn`t think of anyone, but I was dedicated to find someone to invite. We have been working very hard with the members to receive references because we need more people to teach. One kid that is 11 years old gave us a reference to contact. We contacted the family and they we taught them a small lesson about the family.  They liked it a lot and they felt the Spirit. We invited them to the baptism and they accepted. It was very spiritual and it excited them to be baptized. They asked what time church started at and we said that we would pass by their house to bring them to church, and they were excited to go. On Sunday morning they weren`t at their house. I`m not sure why they couldn`t come to church, but this experience strengthened my testimony that when we are diligent even though it looks there is no one progressing, God will lead us to His children who are prepared to be baptized. I was thinking of who I was before my mission and realized all that I have changed. I am way different than when I started my mission.  Holy cow, I have changed a lot and I know that I will continue to change. Have a great week!
Love Elder Cannon

P.s. An answer to his dads email question about what kind of food he cooks on his mission:

I haven`t cooked a whole lot, but I have helped people cook. There really isn`t very much for us to cook. We eat at the houses of members every day for lunch.  Sometimes they also invite us for dinner. I am starting to slim down quite a bit, I am a lot thinner than I was before my mission, and didn`t realize that I had that much weight to lose. 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment