Monday, July 15, 2013

A Day in the Life of A missionary

I absolutely love the picture you sent of Dad and Brother Nilson.  It is so funny. 
 
 A typical day for me is we wake up at 6 a.m.  (in this mission we wake up a little bit earlier). I shower, eat cereal and an apple, read a chapter in the Book of Mormon in Spanish, and do push ups and situps. Then at 7:30 I start my Language Study. At 8:00 am I start my Personal Study. At 9:00 Elder Sumano and I have Companionship Study. Usually missionaries leave at 10:00 to work but because I am still in training we have an extra hour of study. We leave the apartment at 11:00 am. Then we work all day.  At  2:00 pm we eat at a members house. After lunch we continue working until 9:30. At 9:30 we return home and review what we did during the day and make plans for the next day. At 10:00 pm I eat and read the chapter in the Book of Mormon that I read earlier, except in English so that I fully understand what I read. Then I write in my journal and exercise and at 10:30 pm I go to bed. This is an average day for me and I love it.
 
We eat at members homes every day except for P Days. Usually they serve us frijoles(or bean), tortillas, and chicken. I love Mexican food!  It fills me up so much. I feel like I just ate Thanksgiving after lunch every single day. It took me a little while for my stomach to adjust not eating lunch until 2:00.
 
This week one of our best investigators named I______  said that he was thinking about moving to Guadalajara but he said that he probably was not going to move because of the way he has felt while talking with us. One day we went to visit him and he was not there, he moved. We had not heard from I_____ for five or so days. Then one day he called us and said that he cannot sleep and he feels that he needs to come back to Rosario. His wife has also been reading the Book of Mormon and she is starting to feel that it is true. What a miracle! Elder Sumano is a really awesome missionary and he has really awesome music. I am so much happier in the mornings because of music. He knows English pretty well and I have been training him for a test that he is going to take on Friday. We are going to go to Culiacan for the test and we are really excited to go to Culiacan. Thanks for the letter and the pictures.  They made me so happy.  Talk to you next week.
Love Elder Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment