Wednesday, May 1, 2013

MTC Daily Schedule

(We asked Ryan to tell us what a day in the MTC is like)
 
My schedule is a little bit different now, but here is an average day at the MTC for me. Wake up at 6:30 am shower and get ready for the day, eat breakfast at 7:10, then at 7:40 we would have class from 7:40 to 10:40, then personal study time at 10:45-11:45, then eat lunch at 11:45, at 12:30 we would do some online work that we needed to do at the MTC, then from 1:30-2:15 we would do this language learning software called TALL, I think that TALL is so awesome but a lot of the people in my district don't like it a whole lot.  Then Language Study in the classroom from 2:15-3:15, then from 3:25-4:15 we have gym time, then we would shower and get ready for dinner which is at 4:45, then we would have Class from 5:30-8:30, from 8:30-9:00 we would have additional study time, then me and my companion would have a daily planning session from 9:00-9:30 and then would go back to our Residence Halls at 9:30 and we would get ready for bed and study a little bit more, then at 10:15 it is quiet time and most people write in their journals and reflect on their day, and then it is lights out at 10:30.
Days would vary and we would do things in different order from this but this was what our Mondays were like. One of my favorite days of the week is definitely Sunday.  It is so awesome. We all have to write 3-5 minute talks in Spanish and then the person conducting randomly calls up two speakers to give their talk.   I haven't been chosen yet.
 
Loren is only right across the hall from where I am staying-- it is crazy.   During a devotional the speaker called up a row of people to tell what they had to give up in order to go on a mission. Whitney Nielson spoke in front of the entire MTC and said that she gave up her family. 
 
 My week has been really good.  Today I am also going to host which I am very excited to do.  My schedule has been changed and now my P-day is on Wednesday. I am going to try and send you some of the pictures that I have taken either this week or the week after. I really need a hair cut and I am about to get one in an hour.
 
 It feels like I have hardly any time. I can't believe that I only have two more weeks of the MTC. Spanish is hard and it is really hard to teach in Spanish, but I am definitely improving every single day. My testimony of the gospel has also grown a lot, and I definitely understand my purpose more fully as a missionary.  Thanks for the letters.  They make me really happy.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment