Monday, May 20, 2013

It's Hot!

My first week was so awesome and it was really hard.

 Elder Holland came to Culiacan and I got to shake his hand and hear him speak.  It was so amazing. I was smiling so much before I shook Elder Holland's hand and he said to me, "Your cheeks look a little pink, are you okay?"  I said to him that I was doing great.  He spoke with so much power and he was so bold when he spoke. I even took 6 pages of notes.  My hand was really tired of writing after that. I felt so lucky to get to hear from him.

Mexico is awesome, I love the people even though I can not understand hardly anything that anyone says.  When people speak Spanish to me and I have no idea what they just said,  I just smile really big at them.

It is really hot here.  I have never sweated this much in my life before.  Our apartment is good. The greatest thing in the world to me right now is a cup of cold water.

I am only reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish now.  It takes me quite a bit longer to read than in English. Spanish is a lot of fun.   I improve every day. Everyone says that the first three months of your mission are brutal, I can not wait until I am fluent in Spanish.

Talk to you next week.
For Dad--I did whip out my Merrell shoes.  In fact I am wearing them right now.  What was your first week of your mission like? Was it hard, because I am not going to lie this is hard. I have learned and grown so much from my first week, and I am loving Mexico.  Do you have any words of advice for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment