Saturday, August 2, 2014

Villa Union

Yes, we felt a lot better this week and we had excellent week. We are getting her done in Villa Union! On Saturday we had a baptism! His name is Luis.  He has been preparing for a long time to get baptized.  His wife is a member. It wasn't easy for him and he has changed a lot. After his baptism he kept saying , "I'm clean,  I'm clean."  Luis shared his testimony at the end.  It was so powerful;  he thanked his mom and sisters(who aren't members) for coming, he thanked us because we kept pushing and pushing for him to be able to be baptized. It was an experience that touched me hard and at the end there was not a dry eye in the church. He is now confirmed a member of the church and we are going to get him to prepare to receive the priesthood.

 It is starting to get really hot and we are sweating a lot. Today my companion and I went to the Estrella de mar, it is where the senior couple live. I played golf for the first time in my entire life.  It is hard!  I tried hitting it properly but then I just socked it like a baseball bat and it went a lot further and was a lot more effective. It is one of the prettiest golf courses, a lot of Palm trees, it is really close to the beach, the scenery was amazing, Dad you would have loved it. We are working really hard, it makes you really tired but it is worth every second!


P.S. from Denise
Here is a letter and picture we received this week from the only Senior Missionary couple serving in Ryan's mission.

Hello Cannons,
    My name is Hermana Tassainer.  My husband, Elder Tassainer, are serving as senior missionaries in Villa Union.  We are the ONLY senior missionaries in this mission.  We have had the privilege of working with your son Elder Cannon.  He is a dedicated, hard-working missionary who you can be very proud of.  He sure has a handle on the language and also knows his scriptures.  Good job parents. 

1 comment:

  1. What a great report and not at all surprising! All the "Elder Cannons" I have known are THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete