Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Two weeks of updates

(Sorry I'm a little behind in the blogging--we were gone on trek)

June 16, 2014
 
This week was really awesome, Jose Maria got baptized. A lot of the members went to the baptism.  The talks were amazing, the missionaries(us) sang a musical number. I was really happy for Jose Maria, he has made a lot of changes in his life and is going to be a great member. I felt the Spirit so strongly in the baptism, his parents are not members, but they loved the church, the baptism, and the members in the ward. I love the Gospel! We went to see the beach and hike a great big hill called Faro. It was a lot of fun and we actually saw another District up there.  The beach was so beautiful, I was living it up down there. We woke up early in the morning and went with two members of our ward to go hike the Faro, it reminded me of when I went on hikes with Dad or with the Elwood Gang. I was a little tired after the hike.  It was really good exercise.  I bought shark teeth for about 3 dollars, I love how cheap everything is. It was a great experience and the scenery was amazing. Everything is good here in Mazatlan. I couldn`t ask for anything more in life. I am really grateful for my Mission and for everything that it has taught me. Have a great week. 


June 23, 2014
Mom, you need to cancel my credit card from home, I lost my wallet and my camera. I am going to have to buy another camera, all of my pictures lost, but I am still happy. It was kind of hard losing those things, but God nevertheless blessed us this week. This week went really well, we had a lot of success, and we are working hard! We got permission to look for another house from President Velez.  I am really excited to change houses. We had a lot of investigators come to church, and I am excited to continue teaching them. It sounds like you guys had quite the Trek experience.  I am sure it was a great experience, but it looks really cold.  I could not handle that weather.  I think that I would die in the cold weather. This week was a very good week for us, we should be seeing some baptisms in the District this next week! We are very excited for that, Thanks for all of the love and support that you have given me on my Mission Have a great week and remember how much I love you!
Love Elder Cannon    
 
(P.S. from Denise--maybe you can guess what happened to "Elder Cannon" by what he said in his email.  I will get details if he will tell me and post next week)












No comments:

Post a Comment