Sunday, June 15, 2014

Stake Conference

This week went really well. We also had stake conference. We started working really well with the members and I am making some strong friendships in the ward. President and Sister Velez came and spoke in the Stake Conference and then after the conference President Velez interviewed all of the missionaries. The first time that President Velez interviewed me I had about 4 or 5 months in the mission, he told me that I spoke spanish very well for the time that I had on the mission, I told him that I feel like I lack something and I don´t know what it is.  He smiled and said you need to be a leader. One or two transfers after that he put me in as a District Leader. This interview was a lot more serious.  He asked me when was the last time you baptized someone? When is your next baptism? Are you being an example for your companion and your District? He asked about the four sister missionaries in my District.  This interview was a little more demanding and I felt a lot more responsibility and pressure. We were able to bring five investigators and one less active member to the conference.  It was really special. I recieved the package and I love the ties and the pants and the baptismal tie. It came just in time as well, because this Saturday our investigator Jose Maria is going to get baptized and he wants me to baptize him. He is really prepared and has changed a lot.  We helped him stop smoking and he was a completely different person before he knew the Gospel. I love how the Gospel changes the lives of those who let it. My District is also having a lot of sucess and we should be seing some baptisms from the sister missionaries coming up really soon.  On Friday, Sister Wallace and I taught English to the people, a decent amount of people showed up and it was pretty fun. It reminded me of when I was first learning Spanish, oh good times. We also received a new bishop, I am really excited to work with him and to get to know him better. This week went really well and I hope we continue to have success. Thanks a lot for the package! Have a great week, I love you!
Love Elder Cannon
 
Here are some pictures of our district.

No comments:

Post a Comment