Monday, May 26, 2014

Transfer to Mazatlan

I am getting transfered to Mazatlan! It was the hardest thing in the world to say good bye to the members in Nueva Galicia and Huertas, I am not going to lie I was crying. It is just that I have been here for 7 1/2 months.  That is a very long time and I got to really love the people. When the members of Huertas heard that I was heading out, they couldn`t believe it, they told me you just barely got here and you are heading out. The Bishop was joking around, he told me that he was going to talk to my Mission President so that I would stay longer. I told the Bishop, don`t worry another American is going to come in my place, he told me, but this American isn`t you, we want you! It made me feel really special. We worked really hard in the last week and had a decent amount of success. It was so hard to leave.  It felt like I was just starting life all over again. Right now I am in my new area. The ward has six missionaries in it. Two Elders and four sister Missionaries are in the ward and in my District. Our area is kind of far away from the church, and there are only five members in our area. We are going to have to work dang hard and I am up for the challenge. I am really excited for this change it is going to be really good for me. In my area it isn`t quite as hot as Culiacan, but it is very humid, I am sweating a lot. The houses are a lot smaller, the people are poor but they seem really nice. There are cows, animals, it reminds me of Rosario. My new companion is called Elder Farias, he is from Mexico City, he has three months on his Mission. He is really nice, humble, we are going to get along just great. Our house isn`t the greatest.  The water doesn`t work.  In the morning and the day we have to fill up buckets of water and bathe ourselves. It is really hot in the house.  It is small, but it is really cheap. I think that we are going to look for another house. Don`t worry about me, everything is fine here, and I promise that I will do my best.  I hope the best for you, I love you so much, thanks for the letter!  

Love, Elder Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment