Thursday, May 22, 2014

Marriage and Baptisms

This week was one of the greatest weeks of my life.  It was so awesome. On Wednesday I had divisions with Elder Perez in my District and we had an amazing day! I returned to my old area and we went to town. In the morning we were invited to be witnesses at the wedding of Carlos and Ana.  They are the family that Elder Porter and I taught.  We also invited the sister missionaries.  It was a really special wedding. Before the wedding I was talking to Ana.  I asked her if she received her answer from God that the Book of Mormon is true.  She told me "yes I know." She  reads a lot and is already in the Book of Alma. I was so happy for this family.

We also found new investigators, we taught really powerfully and 3 people accepted baptismal dates.

On Friday Carlos, Ana, and Carlo all got baptized. It was a very special baptism, and I am not going to lie,  I was crying a little bit. My joy is overwhelming for this family and I wrote them a very powerful letter.  They were so happy and felt the Spirit very strongly. Elder Perez baptized Carlos, Elder Porter baptized Ana, I baptized the son Carlo. On Saturday we had a baptism in our area of Abel. It was also a very special baptism and I was so happy for him. When he told us that he prayed and asked God if he should be baptized, he felt as if God was there with him and that he should get baptized. This week was a week of pure power and one of the greatest weeks of my life. My happiness is full and I thank my Heavenly Father every day for all that he has done for me. This is the last week of transfers. I am excited to see what is to come. I want to help save as many souls as I possibly can. I want every family to be eternal and to be sealed together forever.  I love seeing families getting baptized.  There is no joy greater than being a missionary. I can`t wait to see what God has in store for me and I wish the best for you guys.

Love Elder Cannon    

No comments:

Post a Comment