Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Surgery and Baptism

This week we saw a miracle.  Elder Porter had his surgery on Tuesday at 6 am.  We left the hospital at about 4 pm. We were there almost all day.  The doctor said that Elder Porter had to stay in the house all day for one week, he couldn`t leave the house. The operation went well, but his nose didn`t feel so good for a while. I have such a great District.  Just about every day they would come to my house and one of them would stay with Elder Porter in the house and the other companion would work with me. During the divisions I planned on contacting a reference that I received from another Elder. We went, found the family, taught the family, and baptized the family; they were so ready and excited to be baptized. She lived in Tijuana.  She has gone to church a lot of times, the missionaries kept trying to baptize her.  She wanted to get baptized where she was born in Culiacàn. She finally accepted to get baptized in Tijuana, she had the baptismal interview and passed it, then she suddenly left to Culiacan.  A week and a half later we found her. We contacted her on Wednesday, taught her on Thursday, had the baptismal interview on Friday, got baptized on Saturday, was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and received the Holy Ghost on Sunday. It all seemed so fast, she was so ready and so excited, she got baptized with her son and her daughter. Elder Porter baptized the mother Fernanda. I baptized the daughter Daniela. Elder Martinez(was with me on divisions when we contacted the family) baptized the son Edgar. I was so happy for this family, my joy was overwhelming! I could not believe it! The baptism was very special and I will always cherish this experience.

The transfers came in and I am leaving Nueva Galicia. I will be going to the ward Huertas, it is right next to my area.  We even use the same church. I told everyone that I am heading out.  Everyone said, "Nooooooo, you can`t leave."  They got pretty emotional.  They asked me where I was going.  I said I am going to Huertas.  They all laughed really hard and said "we will see you on Sunday."  I already know a few of the members in Huertas and I am excited to go to work. I am going to open a new area, there are now going to be 4 missionaries in Huertas. I have never opened an area before.  I have learned so much on my mission about trying things that I have never done before.  I will get to know my new companion today.  His name is Elder Garabay and he has six months on his mission. My testimony has definitely increased from this experience.  My love for the work has grown and my excitement to serve. Thanks for all of your love and support.  I will have Elder Porter send me pictures of the baptism so that I can send them to you guys. I am going to miss Elder Porter.  He is a really good missionary.  He is still going to be in my District. I love you guys, have a great week!

  
Love Elder Cannon 
 
 
We had a Multi Zone Meeting, I am in the back row.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment