Tuesday, September 24, 2013

New Companion

 This week was also really good. It has been raining a lot, but nothing that you need to worry about. My new companion, Elder Hernandez, is really awesome. He is so nice and knows the scriptures really well. We had a Stake Conference and the President of the mission came and spoke to us. We had a lot of the members of Rosario come to the conference. I felt the spirit really strongly and I learned a lot. President Velez spoke to Lourdes (my first baptism)  about going on a mission and it made her more excited to serve a mission.

After the conference we were waiting in a large room until the other conference started. There was a white girl who speaks little Spanish and was singing hymns in English, and people started telling me sing with her. We sang "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" and "Called to Serve" in English. I was a little bit nervous singing in front of a lot of people.  She sings really good and people said that we sounded good.  It was pretty fun.

 I am starting to feel pretty firm with my Spanish.  I am still really far from being fluent and I still lack a lot, but I feel good with my Spanish. The missionary work is good.  We have some couples that need to get married before they can get baptized. It isn´t all that easy for people to get married.  It takes some time and money. Everything is really good in Rosario and I will send a picture of my new companion. Thanks for the letters and love.
Love Elder Cannon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment