Monday, August 19, 2013

Translator

My week was amazing.  A lot of really good things happened this week. We had an activity with the youth from a lot of areas, it was really awesome. I felt the spirit really strongly and the youth are really excited to serve missions. There was a white girl who had a BYU Idaho shirt on, and I went up to talk to her. She is from Colorado, not too far from Denver and she is visiting people in Mexico. Talking to her was awesome but I almost kept saying words in Spanish.  My brain is only thinking in Spanish. For part of the day I was her translator.   I would tell her things in English that other people are saying and I translated what she said into Spanish. It was actually really fun. A lot of people complimented me on my Spanish and couldn´t believe that I have been in Mexico for 3 months.  They thought I had been in the mission for like 5 or 6 months. It made me feel really good about my Spanish, but I know that I still have so much to learn and do in Spanish. I went to Culiacan and renewed my passport.  Elder Sumano came with me and a lot of other gringos(white) missionaries were doing the same thing. I got to see my old companion Elder Hammon.  It was really good to see him again. We have a lot of investigators that are progressing a lot and I am really excited for them. I have learned a lot of really good things this week and I feel really good right now. Good luck in the fair. I love you guys, always be happy.
Love Elder Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment