Monday, June 24, 2013

New Companion

A lot has happened lately.   I am getting a new companion today.  His name is Elder Sumano and he is Mexican. I heard that he can actually speak English pretty well, but I am  really excited to work with him.
I had a really awesome experience this week, when we went on Divisions with other companions, and I went with Elder Hon.  We had a really spiritual experience, this experience did not happen in Rosario it happened in Escuinapa. We went to go teach a man named Sergio.  He was very excited to see us and he told us how good he felt when he read the Book of Mormon. Sergio went inside his house to go get his Book of Mormon, and Elder Hon told me that he would nudge me when I should challenge him to be baptized. We started teaching him about the Book of Mormon.   I have never felt the Spirit so strongly when I bore my testimony about the Book of Mormon, and then Elder Hon nudged me and I challenged him to be baptized. He accepted very excitingly and I could tell that this was something that he really wanted to do. I have never felt the Spirit so strongly while I was speaking before. Elder Hon is leaving this Wednesday back to his home with quite a few missionaries. I am so scared that I am going to wake up one day and my mission is going to be finished. Time is going by way too fast.   What can I do to make time go by slower? I feel like I need an extension of at least a year to be able to learn and do everything that a missionary needs to do. I was able to get a picture with Elder Blood  yesterday before he left.  He is not a picture taking person.
Tell Zach that I am doing really great and that he is going to love France. It sounds like you have been really busy lately. The missionary work is good and hard.  Rosario is green and it has a lot of hills that kind of look like mini mountains. The homes in the city are small but they are decent homes, but once you leave the city there are a lot of shack looking houses. Send some good American food snacks in the package (I asked Ryan if he wanted me to send anything specific in a package I'm putting together for him this week).  Talk to you next week, I will probably have a lot to talk about next week.
Love, Elder Cannon.

No comments:

Post a Comment