Sunday, July 20, 2014

Three Amigos

(Forgive me once again for doubling up--We were gone to a family reunion and then girls camp, so here are Elder Cannon's last two posts)

July 7, 2014

The new house is awesome.  I love the air conditioning. On Friday I received a phone call from the Assistant's of the President while we were eating. He told me, hey Elder Cannon how you are doing? I said I am doing really good. He asked me how our week went? I told him that it went really well, we are finding new investigators, the members are helping us a lot. He said good, we are going to close your area for one transfer. Noooooooo. What happened is that I was going to train a new missionary from another country(U.S., Peru, they didn`t tell me from where), but his Visa didn`t arrive in time and he couldn`t come. I am going with my companion Elder Farias to Villa Union, it is a branch in Mazatlan. I am still going to be in the same zone, but it was really hard saying good bye to the members.  They couldn`t believe that I only was there for one transfer.  It is hard leaving areas, but it is necessary and God needs me in Villa Union. I am going to be in a trio, it is Elder Farias, Elder Rock, and I! I have never had a companionship of three, it is going to be interesting. Elder Rock is from Ogden Utah.  He has nine months on his mission, is really nice and focused on the work and I am excited to work with him. I am going to miss my District so much.  It was such a great District, one of my favorites.  I am really excited to work in this new branch, because I know that there is a lot to do and we are going to help this Branch to grow! That was my week. Have a great week, and remember that I love you!
Love Elder Cannon  
 
July 14, 2014
My week was good.  It is a little different having two companions.  We get along well.  It is just that we feel it is kind of  a waste of a missionary, because there is one extra, but we are working hard. Elder Farias and I gave really awesome talks on Sunday. A funny story, one of the contacts we made in the street thought that I was from Mexico because of my accent, that made me feel really good about my Spanish. I want to keep learning languages when I get back from my Mission. We are in a new house, it is a fairly nice house. The Family Reunion sounded way awesome and I wish that I could have been there. I loved the pictures they are so funny. This Branch reminds me a lot of Rosario, and there is a lot to do. The Branch President doesn`t have any counselors and we need to activate and really help this Branch grow. Some of the members are really nice and want to help, but a lot of them seem a little more laid back and need to get fired up and get to work. This week we have had some really awesome spiritual experiences and some great lessons. A lot more people came to church than the last week, that is good. I have absolutely loved my study from Jesus the Christ, I have learned a ton and it is really interesting.   I am on page 430 and it is hard to stop reading. I love the Gospel, I love this Branch and the members in it. I am ready to go to work and truly help the branch grow. Thanks for the letter and the pictures, it made me happy to see that everyone is all happy.
Love Elder Cannon    

No comments:

Post a Comment